Web Hosting

Thursday, October 23, 2008

How to Treat Fall Allergies Naturally

Allergies rage in the fall. In my case it could be because I moved to a different state or simply because I suffer from seasonal allergies. All I know is that with cold and flu season on the way, I need to get these allergies under control or else my immune system won't be able to fend off the latest winter bugs.

My allergies aren't bad enough to take allergy medication. In fact, I only took allergy medication once in my life. My immune system was destroyed from stress and I had mono at the time—now I try to take care of the problem naturally before it gets out of control.

When I wake up a little stuffy and I keep sneezing—I know it's time to pay attention to my allergies. This is the plan I follow.

Step1
My goal is to have 2 to 3 cups of green tea a day when trying to fight allergies. Green tea contains quercetin and some Vitamin C, both of which help block the histamine response that causes allergic symptoms.

Step2
In addition to the green tea, I take 500 mg of Vitamin C a day. I just take a capsule, but you can take it in powder form if you prefer. Vitamin C helps the quercetin in the green tea work better and also helps block the histamine response on its own.

Step3
It is very important for me to eat a healthy diet. This will supply the right nutrients to my body, which will help it be better equipped to handle the allergies. It will also give the Vitamin C and green tea a chance to work more effectively.

Step4
Local honey in its raw, unpasteurized state is one of the greatest weapons for dealing with allergies, especially in my case. I moved to a completely different climate than I lived in before, where there is new plant life. My body doesn't understand it. Eating local honey will give my body a chance to get to know the various pollens that are out there, because traces of them are left over in the honey. Once my body understands that these new things are not actually invaders, it won't release the histamine response.


0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More